Monday 15 October 2012

Photoshop Work






This is my first lesson using Photoshop.



IMAGE 1# We started with a ruff sketch of a park landscape using the default brush, drawing this out by eye, freehand. As you can see its all very ruff with no add ons. The aim was to draw from a perspective point free hand. This image is using 2 perspective point, one from the left and one on the right.





IMAGE 2# Using the ruler to put in a horizon line, I then switched to the pen and selected where my  perspective point on the right hand side was going to be on the horizon line, then I put in another point at the bottom and lined it by eye to my sketch. From there I selected the bottom of the line and coped it so I could create more lines without moving my perspective point.
I coped this proses on the left hand side, and then coloured the right hand lines red and the left hand ones blue, making shore I lined them up as much as possible with my original sketch.


-->
IMAGE 3 In this step I moved back to the paintbrush, zoomed in and started painting, using the lines as guidance. As can be seen the picture instantly gains a lot more depth through the 2 perspective points. This proses is extremely useful and I will be experimenting with differently placed prospective points, also the number of point used to create different angles and feels.






This is a free hand Photoshop painting of an old blowtorch

I have no real experiences of using Photoshop, so my painting is very basic. I hope to move this on and will be working at home and taking extra classes to advance my skills in this area.


BASIC COLOR FILLING

This is how I learned to fill in mat color on top of an object to get a basic underlay in Photoshop.
I started be going to a website called  Pimp My Gun. http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/app.php
On this web site you can create guns from a variety of parts, its surprisingly addictive and fun.

Here is one gun I created 





After choosing one of the guns I had made I saved the image then opened it in Photoshop.
Using the quick selection tool to grab part of the image I then filled it with gray as can be seen here.



 This is an extremely useful to create a base to then take on and work forward in Photoshop. The next step for me would be to add some darker tones then moving on to some light detail.
I will use this technique in the future fore other projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment